Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Why do skinny girls get to have all the fashion fun?

So, I love, love, love dresses - I like wearing them, shopping for them, and look at other people wearing them and thinking...hmmm I wonder if they made that in my size? I would have closets filled with the cutest and flashiest dresses anyone has ever seen. Bought on my Walmart and Target budget of course.
The only thing stopping me is...I really wish I had thighs that didn't touch because I would be in them each and every day. I didn't realize how much my "size" really effected what I wear and how I wear it. I have these honking thighs (that I have always had...that's why I was a good base when I was a cheerleader) that rub together and it's just not pretty or comfortable. I usually wear shorts underneath but, now that the heat is here in full bloom - what's the point of wearing shorts under a dress? Layers doesn't work for anyone fat or skinny!

So, Friday - Hubbs is off and I am going to go on a little shopping spree and get me some of the anti-chaffing lotions and see if they actually work. I recently bought a little sundress from Macy's that was on sale. I didn't even try it on, I just bought and XL and thought...it will fit. And it does fit! Of course it fits, it's a freaking XL dress..there are no snaps, buttons, or zippers - it would fit anyone. The question is do I look good in it? I don't want to just look okay - I want to look gooooood. The type of good that you stand a little taller and smile a little brighter wearing it. I have yet to try it on...I figure after I loose 20 pounds maybe I will try it out....I would love to wear it to my cousin's wedding shower this Sunday...but probably not. I am going to go on a search for a really cute Maxi dress that doesn't cling to anything but makes me feel frilly and feminine.

For most of my life I have saved my money (and gotten in debt quite a few times with store credit cards) and shopped at Lane Bryant or bought certain things from Avenue. First off....when you shop at LB you better have some friggin money because it's like going in to the Ralph Lauren store and buying things that just came off the run way. For real people? 55 dollars for jeans? How about the 30 dollar tank tops...who in the hell makes this shit? And how stupid am I for buying it? For years I didn't care and I bought it because it was cute and it fit me. I have however, learned to go when seasons are changing and then you get things for 70 to 90 percent off...now that I can afford. Secondly, everything at Avenue looks like my grandma wore it and they are trying to bring it back in style...and she's been dead since I was 15. I just want to be able to wear stylish clothes that don't cost me a damn arm and leg and actually fit me.

Fit being the key word. Have you seen those people who are wearing things and you think, "Ohhhhh...honey - just cause they make it in your size doesn't mean you should be wearing it!" Believe me - I give them props for having the confidence to wear that shit...but come on - I don't want to see my own cottage cheese thighs, let alone someone elses!

I need to get my white ass out in the pool too and get a good tan...everyone looks better with a tan. Not the tan that the lady from Jersey has...you know, that oh, my God is that brown make up on you? tan. Or who could forget the Snooki orange tan...geez...they have some gems in Jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment