Thursday, February 9, 2012

Homemade Chocolate Covered Pretzels...ok - semi-homemade, but only because I don't know how to make chocolate or have the ingredients to make pretzels at home!

Ok - this is just a posting of my daily dose of domesticated abilities. I bought WAY too much Dove chocolate so I decided to make chocolate covered pretzels.

I am sure there was a much easier way of making them. I did the double boiler thingy with a pot and glass bowl which was easy enough to figure out. I mean how many dumb asses cannot boil water with a bowl over the top. I proceeded to throw in the chocolates and as they began to melt, I thought - how the hell am I going to get these pretzels in this hot ass melted chocolate, flip it to coat the other side, then onto the wax paper to dry? So - I got out our BBQ tongs and went to work. Only my stupid ass grabbed the metal ones. They heated up real quick but I worked as fast as my portly ass would go and got them all done. Mind you I was sweating and swearing (in my head because Lilli was snacking close by) at the end but they were all covered.

No you couldn't not see any of the holes...but let's just say that they have a little bit of extra chocolate for free! I then melted white chocolate in a bowl in the microwave...why I didn't do this with the regular chocolate, don't fucking ask me! I wanted to be all Martha Stewart and shit. Maybe I should have asked Martha how to not burn the hair off my arm while working over a double boiler. Any who...I got Lilli and let her drizzle the white chocolate over the pretzels with a fork, only I wasn't really paying attention because I was busy with Isabella in the bouncer and I looked over and Lilli had the fork of white chocolate in her mouth. I rolled my eyes and grabbed her hand and helped her with the rest. No, I didn't use a clean fork...so you have been warned if you come over my house and eat some chocolate covered pretzels...they have Lilli spit in them.



So now they are cooling and I shall try them later...I can't wait for Lilli to taste them when the chocolate is actually on the pretzels!

No comments:

Post a Comment