Saturday, December 22, 2012

It pains me to let them leave....

I usually bake 2-3 times a week. We don't always eat everything I bake. Often, we taste a couple of cookies or a cupcake or 2, or 3....but we often sample things. I say 'we' but I am talking about ME! The Hubbs would be down to eating whatever I made and however much I made of it. I have such a horrible sweet tooth that I often crave different things throughout the week. 

So, I have adopted my husband co-workers and feed them often. They are the best guinea pigs ever. If they don't like something they don't eat it and if they do, they tell him to have me make it more often. It's the most honest test kitchen ever. I don't see them, they don't see me. And let's face it....Hubbs has eaten all of the shit that I have burnt, even asking for seconds because he knows how emotional I am...so this way no hurt; no fowl!

So, to show my appreciation and test some new things out, I made them a cookie bar for the holidays. Today the Hubbs took gooey brownie cookies, the perfect chocolate chip cookies, no-bake cookies, cupcakes (Lilli wanted them yesterday...so I just sent the rest with him), and chocolate chip cream cheese cookies. Now, these last cookies are the best damn things I have eaten in a while. Which is saying a lot because I eat lots and often. 

Mmmmmmm

These things are so friggin' easy to make and taste just like a danish. I had one when they were fresh out of the oven so it was warm and OH MY good! It physically pained me to send them with him. I am thinking that I will get a thumbs up for them for sure. The last cookies that I sent in (a variety) the most talked about were brown sugar cookies. I can't even bring myself to talk about them because I literally ate every single one I had left. I shared one with Bella. One. What a stellar mom! I may be able to blog about them one day....maybe. 

Recipe:
CHOCOLATE CHIP CREAM CHEESE COOKIES
Ingredients
  • 1 can seamless crescent rolls
  • 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
How to Make
  1. With your hand mixer, beat sugar, cream cheese and vanilla together until smooth in a medium sized bowl.
  2. Unroll the crescent roll sheet. Stretch dough out slightly. It should be in the shape of a rectangle.
  3. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of the crescent sheet, leaving a gap at the edge about 1/2 inch.
  4. Sprinkle your chocolate chips on top of cream cheese.
  5. Roll the crescent sheet up tightly and wrap in cling wrap.
  6. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
  7. When chilled preheat oven to 350°.
  8. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
  9. Slice the crescent roll into 1/4" slices. Bake on prepared cookie sheet for 12 -14 minutes until crescent roll appears golden brown.
  10. Transfer to wire rack.
  11. Eat warm or room temperature.

I found this recipe on....PINTREST! Gotta love Pintrest!
Check out pictures here.


No comments:

Post a Comment